LyncShield – Secure Mobile Lync Authentication
- Secure mobile Lync connectivity solution
- Active Directory protection
- Two-factor authentication
- Avoid using Active Directory credentials on mobile devices
- Block DoS attacks & Brute force attacks
- Solution for enabling smart card authentication
- Available as a filter for Forefront servers or as a stand-alone gateway
LyncShield is an innovative solution that guarantees secure mobile Lync connectivity. LyncShield allows users to safely connect to Microsoft Lync servers from smartphone, tablets, desktop PCs and any other device outside the organization.
Connecting to a Lync server using the Lync client from smartphones, tablets and any other device outside the organization might raise new security issues. To mitigate the risks and allow workers to safely connect, LyncShield has developed an innovative solution that prevents unauthorized mobile devices from penetrating the corporate network and protects the Active Directory
Lync security Features
LyncShield offers the following features for mobile, tablets and desktops:
LyncShield offers the following features:
- Active Directory credentials protection - defining dedicated credentials that are different from the Active Directory credentials to minimize damage and risk in case of a stolen or lost device, or if the credentials are hacked.
- Two factor authentication - By matching the device and user, the organization can limit users to using only corporate devices or specific devices that meet the company’s security requirements.
- Blocks DDoS & brute force attacks and prevents account lockouts - prevents account to be locked due to DoS, DDoS and brute force attacks or network password change.
- Reverse proxy Lync publishing - scalable, event-driven and secure reverse proxy alternative for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) to publish Lync.
- Account lockout protection – preventing account lockout for organizations that wish to safely connect computers from outside the corporate network to their Lync edge access control server.
LyncShield is a server side solution that does not require any additional installation on mobile client.
The product is available on Microsoft TMG or on Bastion – a dedicated reverse proxy included as part of the solution.
The product can be implemented in an existing environment using already other network proxies such as F5 or Netscaler.